Pure Randomness!

Pure Randomness!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Castillian Hot Chocolate


In my last post about Sorrento, I mentioned about my hot chocolate which is even better than the Caffe Positano hot chocolate we had. It is extremely easy and tastes like heaven. 
There was a time when my daily news came from Times of India and that carried a weekly foodline column. When ever I found any interesting recipe in that, I cut and kept them. My Chocolate pudding cake recipe came from there, so did this Castillian Hot Chocolate. Times of India stopped foodline quite some time back and I stopped reading Times of India around 6 months back. But these recipes are gonna stay with me forever.

Castillian Hot Chocolate 
Milk                 - one litre
Cocoa powder - 55gms
Sugar               - 180gms (reduce it by 20-25gms if you like it less sweet)
Corn flour        - 25gms
water                - 120ml

Take the corn flour in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the water little by little and mix it without lumps. Add the sugar and cocoa powder and mix it. Pour in the milk stirring continuously. Heat it till it boils and simmer it for 10 minutes till the mixture has thickened and looks glossy.

I usually half the recipe and make and it yields 3 cups, but serves only 2 as I can't really stop at one cup. Try it, if you are a chocoholic, you would love it. 

15 comments :

  1. Sounds nice will try 2 versions of this ..
    1) hot &
    2) chilled one ..topped with icecream ...yummmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried it chilled. I should :) Really.. yummm..

      Delete
  2. i love it i love it i love..thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting cornflour in hot chocolate...first time I heard this...I guess it makes the drink thick...gotta try it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds yummy, need to try it.... i am a chocolate freak....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santosh, Its an easy one, when ever you need a chocolate high :)

      Delete
  5. aahaa sounds tempting...gonna try it right away:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just came over to say that i made it a second time. thank you :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete