Pure Randomness!

Pure Randomness!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Get your eyes off my ....

There are a few studies and reports which say, staring at breasts increase the longevity of men. Anyway there is no secret about men and their obsession with breasts. But this doesn't give any man a right to openly stare. I don't know how many women face this problem, but I am 100% sure that I am not the only one. So when my friend was telling me about a common friend asking her boss whether there is any problem out there when he started talking to her boobs, I said I need to get it out here too.

You will always see some eyes gliding there, but the glance is averted instantaneously. If the averting is done with a slightly guilty look then 'Thank you very much'. But here I am not talking about the did-he-look-there glance.

Once I went to a colleague to discuss something. Since it was a Saturday, I was not in my usual  formals, but a t-shirt slightly tighter than the stuff I usually wear. For 3 minutes he talked to my boobs. After that I went and checked myself in the washroom and also checked with a female colleague. She confirmed, nothing wrong. I am a B, means barely there. So I thought, may be this is the first time he
is realising that I have something there. Though I thought 3 minutes is a pretty long time to check and confirm.

Recently again when I had to discuss something with a colleague, I went ".. and the boards will have to be..... (oh, where is he looking).. ready by then ... (oh shit, are his eyes stuck)... or else we will ... (I want to scream).. not have enough time to .... (What is he thinking? "Oh my god, my eyes  are glued. But you please continue talking to me, I can multitask") ... test everything before the ... (run, run, just run)..." And I walked away from there.

Next time if it ever happens again, I will ask the same question 'is there anything wrong there?'. May be, may be, I will feel bold enough to do that.

20 comments :

  1. Ha ha! That's why I wear shades :-) But maybe you should get one of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amit, I really hope you don't wear those shades when you are talking to your lady colleagues in office. Loved the t-shirt, I really think I should get one :)

      Delete
  2. First of all, Subh, get your statistics right - It is not a B. One way to avoid this is to wear a V-neck, and wear a neck chain with a pendant that stops right above the scoop. The eyes stop at the pendant. Never goes down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swagata, that B is my cup size :) B for barely there. Check this http://just-rodney.hubpages.com/hub/Humour-in-a-B-Cup. The idea of the pendant is great, I will try that.

      Delete
  3. A not-so-polite snap of the fingers at the level of your eyes should get the message across.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I seem to be getting a lot of suggestions on how to tackle it. Thanks, let me try :)

      Delete
  4. Next time as u said be bold and ask the question...atleast out of embarrassment they wont do it again :-)) and only u can b bold enough to ask it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the humourous take on this subject. I agree 3 minutes is too much and it is better to walk away or confront.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nona. The idea is to get them to realise that they are doing it. Snap fingers, ask, walk away :)

      Delete
  6. The first line caught my attention. A study on this behaviour? I wonder what a study will reveal about the women who were stared at, may be they died early, due to stress?

    The men can do what they please in the privacy of their homes, but not in public!

    Do share the effect of snapping fingers :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time the women who get stared wouldn't even realise that I guess. Anyway, I hope I never need to use the snapping fingers for this :)

      Delete
  7. Can you really blame the men? It's a matter of life and death... they'll die early if they don't stare. So forgive them.
    Meanwhile here's a solution to your problem -- If their eyes don't reach your face how about putting your face at their eye level? Of course it might be a bit strange to keep talking to your colleagues while you're on your knees...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL, loved your comment on life and death, Tulika. Since this has happened to me only 3-4 times till now, I really don't think I will need so many solutions. But with an obstinate nut case, I think I can use the kneeling one :)

      Delete
  8. Am one too..B-cup I mean LOL.. & mostly I wear so loose Tshirts that my girlfriends stare more often than guys asking me...ermmm you really should try something for that you know? :P
    Point is...it's not like I believe its the men's right to stare...am just more comfortable in loose stuff that cover my 'assets'...I get my full attention from men that way :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rinaya, the funny part is i dont even think i have any assets to cover up, even after that.... grrr....

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, maybe, you should just invite that concerned person to read your blog and specifically this post? Saves both a lot of embarrassment for both of you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good idea, but how about those thousand prospective others? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reminds me of the story of the king who had three concubine and whom he finally married.

    ReplyDelete